What is a Child Advocacy Center (CAC)?
The Tree House Promotes
- Early Identification of Child Maltreatment
- Prevention Efforts
- Skilled, Collaborative, Evidence-based Treatment Practices
- Respectful, Effective Parenting
- State-of-Art Professional Practice Standards
- Multidisciplinary Education and Training of Community Providers
- Advocacy of Effective Research Legislation and Budgetary Funding
Services Provided at The Tree House
- Comprehensive Medical Examinations
- Mental Health Assessments
- Ongoing Mental Health Therapy for the child and non-offending family members
- Victim Advocacy
- Forensic Interviews
- Management of Montgomery County’s Multidisciplinary Child Abuse Team
- Education and Prevention
All services are provided free of charge in a child-friendly environment by professionals with expertise in the field of child abuse and neglect.
The Tree House is a private-public partnership between the The Tree House Child Advocacy Center of Montgomery County MD, Inc and the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services. The Tree House Child Advocacy Center of Montgomery County MD, Inc (EIN 81-4269650) is a 501(c)3 organization as determined by the Internal Revenue Service and therefore donations made to The Tree House CAC of Montgomery County Maryland are fully tax deductible.