You can provide life-changing aid for family advocacy and therapy
services that can make the difference in a child’s life.
Plant a Seed 2020:
Help Us Grow In 2021
Help stop the effects of childhood trauma by supporting the Tree House CAC as we work to offer abused children the resources they need to grow into happy healthy adults
Give a Child a Lift!
Every month, dozens of children come to see the experts at The Tree House. These children come to see our Forensic Interviewer, our Victim Advocate, our doctor, and our therapists. Unfortunately, a large number of these children have no way to get to The Tree House. Knowing that they can’t get help they need unless they come to us, we provide free transportation to these children.
Now we need your help! Our transportation costs have increased dramatically recently. We now need $4,000 a month to ensure that all of the children who need assistance from us can get it.
We have a constant need at The Tree House for healthy, prepackaged, non-refrigerated snacks and drinks. Many of the children who come here stay for several hours. During this time they get hungry and thirsty, so we make it a point to have snacks available for them. By donating snacks to The Tree House you enable us to use our “snack” money for medical, mental health, and other services.
Plan a Group Project or Collection Drive!
Looking for something to do? We have some ideas for great projects that would be fun AND help us out:
- Making stress balls (NOT out of balloons) to help calm the children we see.
- Making snow-globe like items (calming jars), perhaps with glitter that floats & moves in water, also to calm the children
- Making nice blank, unlined journals for the children to use for writing and drawing throughout their therapy
- Making potpourri mixtures with calming scents (lavender, jasmine, chamomile, etc…)
- Create “Emergency Therapy Toolkits” that could include bubbles, a journal, painting supplies, sand, playdough, stress balls, and/or a kaleidoscope
Not feeling creative? You can still…
Collect little giveaway prizes/games/toys to give to children who have just gone through an intense therapy session or reached a milestone